Thursday, March 3

Feeling Yellow

Maybe it's our very sunshine-y weather this week or it's the proliferation of flowers around at the moment, but I've been feeling in the mood for wearing yellow lately!


Some local frangipanis I snapped this week. There are so many of these in my area, I always come home with a bag full whenever I go for a walk and spread them around the house...the scent is heavenly.


Today I wore my new 60s shift dress I picked up at the Byron Bay fair last week. Excuse the frizzy hair..it didn't look like that this morning, I swear!

Bright 'n' sunny hair flower




A true 60s shift, it has the easy-to-wear a-shape, very necessary in our humid weather, of which today was a 'shining' example.

I love the pocket and neck trim!
And just for Vix, here's that green maxi she spotted the other day.


Worn by our 'vintage apprentice' Shannon. She and I literally changed half the shop around today, including all the furniture...so we both have frizzy hair!
Love the rhinestone-type buttons!

11 comments:

Vix said...

Wow! I love both those frocks! You look absolutely ravishing in that shift dress and the flower in your hair and Shannon rocks the maxi! xxx

fabriquefantastique said...

looks so very comfortable...

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

The first photo of the flowers is lovely!!!

Unknown said...

Wow i love the green Maxi dress what a stunner, You look amazing to, i can't believe those flowers are real there sooooo pretty. I love yellow it is infact my favourite colour reminding me of warmth ;-)) Its freezing here again at the moment. Loving the look of your shop to i spy some retro furniture. dee x

Mrs Cleaver said...

You look fab!The dress looks very comfortable & cool to wear as well.I love frangapani's,one of my fav flowers.Unfortunately you don't see them much down here,we do get some stunning roses though.
I was in the mood for yellow myself recently & bought a yellow pintucked & floral embroidered mexican dress.It's very bright & you can definitely see me coming in it:)
The maxi is lovely & your shop is looking wonderful!

Vintage Coconut said...

Love the dresses & those frangipanis are gorgeous!

Jemima said...

Yay for yellow! Lovely spring colour :) x

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Dear Kitty, you look gorgeous. I love the print on your dress. The maxi is a fab colour and the rhinestone buttons caught my eye. The frangipani are stunning xx

the old boathouse said...

Looking good lovie! But you always look fab! Shannon looks like a treasure, I would so love o have a helper. Am trying to get organised to come and visit soon. xx Katherine

Nelly said...

I have hair frizz to since I moved to Bundie I would love to own a shop like yours up here... maybe one day

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

I love frangipanis, that was one of the things I loved most about living in Brisbane. I think they are the sweetest smelling flower in the world. Hated that humudity though! xx